Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Show My Computer Icon on Desktop [Windows 8]

how to find my computer on windows 8
My Computer is one of the most common and used icon of Windows OS operated PC. But in windows 8 this icon is not included by default, as a result when you install windows on your PC you will see that the My Computer icon is not displaying on the desktop. Don't worry this is not very tough to show My Computer icon on Windows 8 PC's desktop. Earlier I had shown how to add start menu in Windows 8. And today I am gonna show how you can get back My Computer Icon on your Windows 8 PC's desktop.


Most of you may don't know that when you install windows 8 on your PC it boot directly into metro UI mode instead of desktop mode. And that is why in this windows version My Computer icon is missing. But the next version in windows 8.1 Microsoft has made this icon available by default. You can move to windows 8.1. But if you are already settled in windows 8 and you don't want to move. The you will have to show My Computer icon on Desktop manually from Desktop Icon Settings. Let's see how to do it...


Showing My Computer Icon on Desktop:

  • First press Windows Key+D to go to your PC's desktop.
  • Then here click Right Mouse Button anywhere and click Personalize.
  • Now on the left panel click Change Desktop Icons option.
change desktop icons
  • Then here mark the Computer check box.
change desktop icon
  • Finally click on Apply and then OK.
Note: You can also use icon of your own choice for the Desktop icon from here. To do that click on Change Icon and select the icon from the list and click on OK. To know more about icon changing, Read This Post.

That's it, now go to your PC's desktop and you will get to see that the My Computer icon is showing.


Please Share This Post or At-Least Press  g+1  on Every Post
Stay with www.iTTimesbd.com for more IT related post

No comments:

Post a Comment