Saturday, October 11, 2014

How to Fix Blogger "Don't track your own Pageviews"

Fixing Don't track your own Pageviews
When visitors visits your blog pages it called pageviews. If you are blogging on Blogger platform then you can find information about your blog's page views from Blogger Dashboard>>Stats. By default Blogger counts every single pageviews and Admin's pageviews too.. As a result you can't get specific idea about your blog's pageviews. Blogger has an option by which you can stop Blogger from tracking your own pageviews. But sometimes this option may not work. Today I am gonna show how to fix the problem.


Why "Don't track your own Pageviews" Work:

I have search a lot about why this blogger option does not work. And I din't find any specific reason. But lots blogger facing this problem after Using Custom Domain in Blogger as I'm facing so. But it may happens sometimes because of some technical issue. And it only can be solved by Google.


A few months ago I had added custom domain to my blog. An recently I had found that Blogger is counting my own pageviews too. Then I had tried to stop it but I found that this blogger option is not working. And I found that may Blogger have reported this issue to Google. Lets check that your Blogger  "Don't track your own Pageviews" option is working or not...

  • First Log into your Blogger Account and go to Dashboard.
  • Then click on Stats >> Overview.
  • Then click on Don't track your own Pageviews link.
  • If this option is not working properly then you will get the following Error Message.
pageviews tracking error message

If you find that this option is not working then follow the below steps to fix the problem.

  • You must be Logged in your Blogger Account on that Browser on which you want to stop tracking your own pageviews.
  • Then Copy and Paste following text in the Address Bar.

  • www.Your-Domain.com/b/statsBlockingCookie?action=SET&callback=__gwt_jsonp__.P2.onSuccess

  • Replace Your-Domain with you own domain name. (i.e. iTTimesbd)
  • Now press Enter and you will get the following message.

    // API callback
    __gwt_jsonp__.P2.onSuccess({"status":"yes"});

That's it, Now view your Blog and check you Blog Stats. You will find that your own pageviews are not counting anymore.


Important Note:
  • As a result of this method the Don't track your own Pageviews link will not work again, but it will stop counting your own pageviews.
  • You need to do it on every browser on which you want not to count your own pageviews.
  • If your blog has multiple authors, then they have to do the same.

Stay with www.iTTimesbd.com for more IT related Post

23 comments:

  1. Is this a permanent fix, or will I have to do this again if I restart my computer? I did this once a few weeks ago, and it seemed to work. But today I had to do it again, because blogger was counting my page views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends on your Browser. If you update or make any kinds of change then, you may need to do the trick on your browser again and again. Thanks for your comment. Keep visiting.

      Delete
  2. When i click on the Don't track your own page views button should it let me chose if i want to count my own page views or not? because even when i do, do the http://www.washed-water.com/b/statsBlockingCookie?action=SET&callback=__gwt_jsonp__.P2.onSuccess
    it still don't give me the option....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Racic,
      As I wrote above that this trick will not fix the "Don't track your own Pageviews" option. But it will stop counting your own pageviews on the browser that you have applied the code.

      By the way Thanks for commenting..Keep visiting.

      Delete
  3. After a week i need to replace this process again..
    but it still work don't worry helpful article @all
    thanks for helping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most Welcome. It's completely my pleasure. Keep visiting.

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Worked for now anyway. Will come back for info again if needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Joely Smith Most Welcome, Very happy to hear your feedback. Keep visiting. ---> www.iTTimesbd.com

      Delete
  5. Well, I did this and now my blog page doesn't load... How to remove it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be better if you could place your Blog Link. So that I could find out the reason Actually for what your Blogger is not loading. This trick is personally tested by me And as per as I know that this trick does not contain anything which can block a webpage to load.
      Waiting for your response...Христина.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, it works now. But it was some time when it didn't load anything.

      Delete
    3. Most Welcome. Loading Problem is maybe resulting because of any other reason. Contact you domain manager If you are using Custom Domain.

      Keep Visiting...stay connected and Please share the post to help others..

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much! That worked for me flawlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I executed the above and received the same success: yes thing as pictured above, but anytime I try viewing my blog, my views still get counted.
    I'm not using a custom domain, mine still ends in .blogspot.com could that be the issue?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This used to work until I upgraded to Windows 10. Now it takes me to my 404 page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the problem not in the Windows 10. I'm personally using this trick on my Windows 10 PC and it is working fine. May be the problem in your Browser. You can try the trick by resetting your browser, you may get the solution.

      Thanks for your Comment. Keep Visiting.

      Delete
  9. Thanks very much.. it worked for me..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SOOO much. I was getting so stinkin frustrated because it hasn't worked for months and I'm sick of it counting my pageviews! Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most Welcome Tori Hall. It is a great pleasure to read that my post helped you. Readers like you is always been an inspiration for me. Keep visiting and Bless You Too. :)

      Delete
  11. Thank you for the info! I've done this before and it worked...I recently changed my custom domain and just tried to do it again. I'm not getting the success message.

    This is what I typed in...

    http://www.ramblingsfromrachael.com/b/statsBlockingCookie?action=SET&callback=__gwt_jsonp__.P2.onSuccess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello @Rachel, I think its your Browser problem. However if your blog is not counting your visit then whether you've got success message or not, is not important.
      Welcome for the visit.. Keep visiting and sharing

      Delete
  12. Hey, I followed your instructions but when I do it, it says "This page does not exist". Any idea why? I'm not using a custom domain. I'm still with blogspost

    ReplyDelete